I have 10 years of experience in a variety of sectors, that all intertwine around the question of: How do we provide and use the energy we need in as sustainable a manner as possible?
Greenhouse Gas Measurement and Reporting
I managed greenhouse gas measurement and reporting projects at Technology Early Action Measures. With TEAM, I worked on projects in:
- the upstream oil and gas sector;
- solar district heating;
- a domestic and institutional solar heat and power application;
- the pulp and paper sector;
- natural gas vehicle technologies (project based in India);
- ultra low-head hydro (project based in Poland); and
- second generation biofuels.
Climate and energy policy and assessment
I was a member of the Canadian negotiating team to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change for their Fourth Assessment Report, participating for both Working Group Three on Mitigation on Climate Change, and the Synthesis Report. I was selected as the technology expert of the delegation. Other tasks included:
- Reviewing international (e.g. International Energy Agency and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) documents on environmental issues for comments and to summarize for senior management;
- Assessing the European Union Emission Trading Scheme, the Stern Review on Climate Change, and post-2012 climate change policies and targets of key nations;
- Managing database of global GHG emissions, including EU ETS and non-ETS emissions;
- Participating in a Canadian government colloquium on “China 2012: Probing the Potential for Sustainable Development”.